Automated data entry - a buzzword, quite often heard in business circles. And if you're running a business for a considerable period of time, you know how manual data entry has cost you a decent amount of time and capital resources. And top of that, despite investing so much, you still receive reports containing human errors and incorrect data.
If you are stuck in a similar conundrum, it is time to let the automation handle the repetitive tasks . Automation helps you delegate fewer resources to document processing and administration, thereby eliminating errors and generating swift reports.
Best Automated Data Entry Software in 2023
Automated data entry software streamlines the processing of invoices, generates sales orders, and completes time-intensive workflows. But that’s not the end of the story, it is imperative that you pick an automation software that suits your business size, can capture, categorize, and validate information swiftly.
Taking all the factors listed above, here are the top 7 automated data entry software examples in the market in 2023 that offer distinctive features to suit different company needs -
UiPath is an on-premise data entry and RPA (robotic process automation) solution created for businesses of all scales. The solution enables users to build, deploy and administer automation in business processes.
This software renders integration with business solutions that include Salesforce, Google Apps, and Microsoft solutions.
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Computer vision
- Real-time collaboration
- Built-in template library
- Citrix automation
- Customized scheduling decisions
- Stable execution
- UiPath enables you to build a robot to conduct several functions, from email management to administrative routines.
- You can seamlessly deploy solutions, and the platform also offers scaling capability enabled by its robust architecture.
- It renders extreme compatibility with the different systems using the API.
- UiPath provides unparalleled integration with languages such as Python.
- UiPath lacks maturity in terms of Cognitive as well as Cloud Architecture.
- Must offer integration for more software.
- The platform is inoperable without a basic understanding of programming.
UiPath is priced at $3990.00 a year and also offers a free version.
Docsumo is an automated document processing solution that enables operation teams to extract data with precision. It does so with any document, irrespective of its layout, and does not require any manual setup.
Easily upload your invoices, receipts, hr payrolls, forms, and other documents to Docsumo and transfer the captured data to other software in a single click. You can download your data in Excel, JSON, CSV, or XML.
- Intelligent data capture and transfer
- Email and IP Address Extraction
- Data Quality Control and Replication
- Abbreviation Detection
- Data Aggregation and Publishing
- Simplistic UI with easy-to-use features.
- Exceptional customer support and swift resolution of bugs.
- Really powerful API customizable for different use-cases.
- Auto-classification and auto-assign features make the workflow smooth.
- The API documentation must encompass more details.
- Docsumo currently cannot process handwritten documents.
Docsumo has three price segments -
- Free Trial - Suitable for testing features.
- Growth - Suitable for businesses that intend to capture specific data points and train on data.
- Enterprise - Suitable for enterprises that wish to capture specific data points and train on their data.
3. Amazon Textract
Amazon Textract is an entirely managed machine learning service that enables automatic extraction of data from printed text, handwriting, as well as other data from scanned images and documents.
Textract incorporates machine learning to review and process any document type spontaneously, extract printed text with accuracy, detect and recognize handwriting, tables, forms, and other information without any manual effort.
- Form and Table extraction
- Handwriting recognition
- Bounding boxes
- Adjustable Confidence Thresholds
- Built-in Human Review Workflow
- Seamless and accurate extraction of data from physical documents/pdf.
- AI is incorporated in Amazon Textract OCR technology.
- No requirement to apply Regex or Custom rule set to obtain meaningful information.
- Pay Per Use billing model.
- Sometimes lacks accuracy.
- Tedious implementation and software navigation.
- Reduced quality of AI when used on handwritten documents.
The price is available on request.
4. Google Doc AI
Document AI by Google employs natural language processing and machine learning to train computer systems to emulate a human judgment of documents.
Document AI implements deep-learning neural network algorithms to execute text, character, and image recognition in about 200 languages with remarkable accuracy.
This platform empowers users to develop and capture sales intelligence that yields enhanced databases with real-time and crowdsources knowledge from merchants as well as social platforms.
- Cloud-vision OCR and form parser technology
- Greater accuracy even from unstructured documents
- Deep Learning Neural Network integration
- A simplistic user interface ensures seamless navigation.
- Better decision-making using document data.
- Automate and validate data to increase the efficiency of your workflows.
- Google's reinforced security model and global-scale infrastructure to keep your company secure.
- Customization of existing modules and libraries is tedious and demands time and experience.
- Lack of support for Python and other coding languages.
- The API costs add up quickly, notably during the setup process, and as engineers get the hang of the API.
Form Parser - $65/1000 pages & $50/1000 pages
Document OCR Processor - $1.50/1000 pages & $0.60/1000 pages
5. Nintex RPA
Nintex RPA, formerly known as Foxtrot by EnableSoft, is a cloud-based data entry platform developed for businesses of all scales. It enables users to automate manual processes as well as data tasks.
Nintex comprises three components -
- Script Center
- View Center
- Run Center
The Script Center facilitates users to create tasks, View Center enables users to modify variables, and Run Center lets users adjust the script speed.
- Archiving & Retention
- Data Lookup Control
- Data Quality Control
- Data Capture and Transfer
- Foxtrot offers extreme flexibility in actions against disparate systems.
- Easy-to-use interface which does not require considerable prior knowledge to operate.
- Friendly and intellectual customer service agents.
- License costs can feel expensive if you intend to create multiple workflows and forms.
- The software requires greater collaboration and testing for templates.
Prices are available upon request.
Grooper is a document automation and processing platform that helps businesses in the expertise of healthcare, finance, legal and other sectors. Grooper extracts and processes data from different sources such as PDFs, MS Word documents, emails, and other digital sources.
- Image processing
- Data archiving
- Data profiling
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Data supply chain management
- Data discovery and extraction
- Data quality control
- The platform provides distinctive functionality, with access to many tools, functions, and options.
- The user stays in control of all the processes, and nothing operates in the background.
- You can work on the software with minimal knowledge of programming.
- The software can get a bit intimidating to understand.
- The documentation lacks detailed information for a user who is trying to troubleshoot.
- Many users reported having errors during processing.
Prices are available upon request.
There is no free trial or a free version.
7. ABBYY Flexicapture
ABBYY FlexiCapture is a robust data capture and document processing platform from a world-famous technology vendor. It can transform streams of documents of any structure and complexity into business-ready information.
Its award-winning recognition technologies, automatic document classification, along with an extremely scalable and customizable architecture, enables it to help companies and organizations of all sizes to streamline their business processes, boost efficiency and alleviate costs.
- CRF Tracking
- Forms Management
- Data Verification
- Document Classification
- Document Imaging
- Distributed Capture
- Remote Data Capture
- You only need to create one template for a single type or one typed hardcopy and the rest is done by Flexicapture.
- Seamlessly scan and recognize 300k of questionnaires in an organized fashion.
- Any exceptions or failures are displayed on the verification station to be dealt with.
- Lags at times and is bombarded with too frequent updates.
- If a section in a batch fails verification, then the remaining batch will not be verified until the error gets cleared.
- Complex UI and requires experience to navigate through the features.
Prices are available upon request.
Handling data entry tasks manually indefinitely burns through time and wealth and shifts the priorities of employees from working on core tasks to data entry. Despite delegating a plethora of resources to this sector, you still receive delayed reports riddled with errors.
As automation is taking over, it is advisable that you resort to data entry software that can resolve your advancing management needs and that complies with the scale of your business.